Troubleshoot 'heavy' app

I have recently made some changes to an app that have resulted in the app becoming very ‘heavy’ on a specific page. By this I mean that the browser gets slow and often completely hung up when trying to load it, with the Console spitting out a lot “WebSocket connection to … failed” and “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not found)” errors. The server is fine, and in fact I have no trouble loading the same app but a different page at the same time that the other page is struggling, so I don’t think it is an issue with the appsmith docker container. I feel pretty confident that some edit to the page is problematic for the browser to load but I can’t figure out what the change was and edit view of the page is so slow that I can’t effective investigate via the browser.

Any recommendations for the best way to troubleshoot this?

@trebuchet Apologies for the issue you are facing. Could you follow the steps in the docs below - one for checking app load time and the other for the action that is causing the slowness?

Profiling app load time

Profiling an action

Looping in @Satish to investigate the issue.

@trebuchet for what url are you getting 404 error?
Please share the profiles as Dancia suggested, also, is it possible to share the app URL?

Thanks @dancia and @satish. Having trouble reproducing the 404 but here is the 400 that is most prevalent:

@satish, I’ll DM you the performance recording shortly.

v1.8.3 fixed this, thanks!