Query depending on another query

Hi everyone,

I have an application with a table that is fed by a query (on MySQL).
That query has a parameter that gets the value from a select included in the same page. That select widget is launching a query as well.

The problem here is that the query for the table is executed before the value of the Select widget is resolved. The result? A blank table. I have to push the update button to update the content of the table and, then, all data appears.

I have discussed with support, and it seems an issue of priorities. I tried to find a workaround with store values, but the problem persist.

Any idea?

Thanks.

@froura Sorry about the issue you are facing. Checking this with the team.

@froura Could you share the following information

• The select dropdown is getting its values from a query, is this correct?
  • You require the table values to be populated at the time of page load ? If yes is there any default value you are setting in the select widget? ?

@hou Let us know if you need assistance with anything. Happy to help :slight_smile:

I think I have the same issue

I have an API that depends on the select dropdown value

• The select dropdown is getting its values from another API query!

• I require the table values to be populated at the time of page load ! I have set default value in the select widget!

未命名1645178670

@hou Would it possible to invite me to your app with Developer role so that I can help troubleshoot the issue. Thanks - dancia@appsmith.com

I deploy my appsmith and backend on my server,so i cant do that. but I have used some methods to skip that