Password not saving on datasourse

I’m giving Appsmith a test drive and am immediately running into a problem when connecting to my datasource. I am connecting to a MySQL datasource and put in a username and password under the authentication section but when I test I get an “access denied (using password: NO)”. I’ve tried saving the datasourse setup and when I go back in to edit, the password is not there. I have created a new temporary user with no password and the connection works just fine (note: I will NOT be keeping a passwordless user around).

I haven’t found any results searching around for this issue. I don’t know if there is some setup step I missed but I could really use some assistance in resolving this problem.

Discord conversation here -