Occasional failure or hanging of Appsmith using Docker

Hello dear community

Ever since using Appsmith (about 3 months now) we intermittenly encounter a hang or a failure of running a query using our On Premise Appsmith (using Docker). I refrained from posting this problem, because I could not really replicate it, or tell how/when the problem occurs.

Version 1.8.11 seemed to be a stable version for us (as far as my memory is correct). Using version 1.8.15 for a while now, the problem is there every so often and I need to remove the container and rebuild it for the problem to be resolved. (When installing the latest version (1.9.2), we encounter an error; so, for now, we use version 1.8.15.)

Here is a link to the log file of today (grabbed using Portainer.io), after the problem occured again. I removed the “empty” lines.
This is the error message Appsmith shows the developer when the query fails: io.netty.channel.ConnectTimeoutException: connection timed out: /192.168.5.180:3306

Can I get some hints as to why the problem occurs and how to fix it?

Hey @AAQUA!

Thanks for reaching out here about this issue. Let us take a look at the logs and see if we can pin point the issue. FYI, we’ve only seen one or two users report about this previously. And as you’ve experienced it, it’s not consistently reproducible.

I’ll keep you in loop on any update.

Hello @AAQUA! Could you please update your instance to the latest version and let us know if the issue persists there?
You’ll have to upgrade to v1.9.1 first and then to the latest.
Supporting article for more context - Discord
Release notes - Release Release v1.9.0 🌈 · appsmithorg/appsmith · GitHub
Let us know if you face any issues.