How to properly sort currencies in table

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to figure this one out and seem to be hitting a wall. I’ve got a table widget that pulls from an MS SQL database view. I’ve tried a numeric(15,2) and a float type, however the sorting isn’t working on the table widget. It would sort in a seemingly rando order.

What I’ve done on the column as well is use the following to display the currency properly:

{{new Intl.NumberFormat('en-US', {style: 'currency', currency: 'USD'}).format(currentRow["Amount"])}}

Is there a way to display the proper format $xxx.xx and be able to sort by the value? Thank you all for the input.

Hello! Unfortunately, this is not yet working on Appsmith. But we have this feature request: [Feature] : Support Currency as a new column in the table widget · Issue #5632 · appsmithorg/appsmith · GitHub. Please add a comment with your use case to help us prioritize it.
As a workaround, you can use a JS Object instead of a query directly in the table to store and manipulate the data. But without storing the full data somewhere it’s not possible.

Thanks Amelia, appreciate the answer. I’ll add to the github.