How do I use MULTISELECT widget for large set of options

I tried to use the MULTISELECT widget for a large set of options (~2000). The filtering works great, but if you select more that 6, it is impossible to know what was chosen. You can not tell from the tags what are the +25 more. and if you open the list, you need to scroll over 2000 items to find what was a checked.

a few options come to mind. Either flexible widget height to show more tags or to put all the checked item at the very top when opening the drop box.

The information is accessible as an array from selectedOptionLabels and selectedOptionValues. You could create another widget to display the information, such as a list widget or a table. Might look a little clunky to have some of the options show up in that widget and all of the options show up in a table, but it should work.

@EricSGS makes a good point, but I think @amitm02’s position is also valid. It would be nice if there was a built-in way to see them. Maybe a tooltip or an expanding widget.

@amitm02:
Could you please help us file a feature request/bug using this link?

Please include your use case and how it will be useful for you.

1 Like

I’ve open a feature request in [Feature]: Support large set of options in the MULTISELECT widget · Issue #21385 · appsmithorg/appsmith · GitHub