How do I import a specific chart from Airtable?

I have my Airtable base connected, and within Airtable I have a specific chart (a TIMELINE chart) that I would really need to have on my Appsmith app.

I tried importing the chart as an Iframe widget, but the browser blocks it for security reasons.

I tried recreating a chart from scratch using the Chart widget with FusionChart, but I am not an avid developer so it would take me a very long time to connect it to my Airtable data (and would seem more logical to just find a way to bring the already existing chart in Appsmith instead of creating a second one…)

Any ideas? It’s really the last piece of the puzzle to complete my entire App.

Thank you!

Hello! Could you share more details on the type of chart you are looking for? Please provide some screenshots and elaborate on the functionalities you need.

See below a screenshot of the Timeline chart from Airtable. It is one of the charts that Airtable offers since 2021 (Introducing Airtable’s New Timeline View | Airtable Blog). It is very similar to a Gantt Chart (used in project management).

It takes time values (dates and hours), along with categories and table data to produce a visual representation resource management.

I am trying to use Appsmith as an interface to my Airtable bases, which holds all of these resources and timestamps, have a few input buttons to CRUD records, and use the timeline graph as an output to show the results of the updated records.

Hey! Since you have a link to the table have you tried using an iframe widget for this? You could try to host the airtable table itself directly in appsmith via the iframe.

Hi! So what I did try was put in my table’s URL within the iframe widget, and my browser gives the following error:

To protect your security, airtable.com will not allow Firefox to display the page if another site has embedded it. To see this page, you need to open it in a new window

Now I can’t have this function by opening a new window, it has to be on the same page and updated as records change…

Is this what you mean for me to try? Or is there something I’m missing?

Edit: I also tried with Edge and Chrome, both give the following error:

airtable.com refused to connect.

It’s possible to get an embeddable link to a view from airtable. Please have a look at their doc on this here:

1 Like

It works perfectly! Thank you very much for your help! :grinning:

Anytime! :smiley: Let us know if you have any further questions, but do try to make new threads for other issues and don’t forget to search before posting to see if it has been answered already :slight_smile: