FilePicker file size limit

I have self-hosted installation of AppSmith. I would like to get name of selected file from local disk to insert it into local database (the name of file, not the file itself). To do this I’ve put a FilePicker widget on the form and it works - I read the name of selected file using {{FilePicker1.files[0].name}} - thanks to this good tutorial How to use the Filepicker Widget - YouTube
But the problem is that FilePicker widget doesn’t allow to set Max file size greater than 100MB despite of I am not trying to put it into cloud. There is a comment from the author of this tutorial that said that the limit “applies to our cloud service. Self hosted instances do not have such limits”. But it looks like that the 100MB limit is hardcoded in FilePicker widget itself. Is there any workaround?

@marcowy You can increase the limit by setting APPSMITH_CODEC_SIZE in the env file. for eg:
APPSMITH_CODEC_SIZE=100 also where are you uploading the files to?

It doesn’t work for me.

About uploading files - I don’t upload, just want to read and store path and filename of selected file.
However I’ve realized, that is not possible to read the path of the selected file. Unless there is a way using javascript?

Is there ENV file parameters documentation anywhere? I can’t find it.

Apologies we haven’t added this to the documentation yet. But you will find the environment variables in the stacks/configuration/docker.env file.

Yes, I’ve change that

It doesn’t work, there is still 100MB limit. Yes, I’ve restarted my self-hosted appsmith server.

@marcowy I’m checking this with the team and will get back to you as soon as I have an update.

@marcowy I checked and confirmed with the team that there is a 100MB max file size limit on the Filepicker widget. Have raised an issue on Github to consider increasing this limit.

Please upvote and share your thoughts on it.

1 Like

@dancia any workarounds for now for uploading larger files to S3? Up to 250MB.

@ddorian43 Let me check with the team and get back to you

@ddorian43 Could you try the workaround suggested here and let us know if it works for you?
[Bug]: Not able to upload files greater than 75 mb · Issue #14293 · appsmithorg/appsmith · GitHub