Error with filePicker Appsmithv1.8.0

Hi,
I have a small problem with my filePicker, when I want to retrieve the type {{FilePicker1.files[0].type}} I get an error
TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘type’)

Thank you for your help

@fporta33 welcome back to Appsmith community forum!

Could you please help me with some more info? Please check the file contents like shared in the img below -

I want to know if indeed the type property is there.

thanks for your help here is a piece of what i see. It’s a xlsx file.

{\"type\":\"application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet\",\"id\":\"uppy-matrice/tarif/xlsx-2v-1e-application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet-131444-1664442500093\",\"data\":\"data:application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet;base64

here is the error when i pass the file to my POST api

Invalid character '{' for QUERY_PARAM in "{\"type\":\"application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet\",\"id\":\"uppy-matrice/tarif/xlsx-2v-1e-application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet-131444-1664442500093\",\"data\":\"data:application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet;base64,

Would you be able to share this app with us? Just invite support@appsmith.com as a developer. Also, send me the link as a message. If you can’t share the app, a loom video of issue in action is the next best option.

I have shared with you the project in dev mode
https://apps.coreplighting.net/app/gestion-tarif-et-referencement-client-copy/page1-633575903b001121d618c443

It looks like, it’s behind SSO so we won’t directly have access to the app. I am seeing following screen. If giving access is not possible, you can share a screen recording of issue in action.

S…
ok i’ll try to do this

here’s a short video of what’s going on
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aisqaHKc2dSGZnxVc_vp_ozNBP2VJFun/view?usp=sharing

a screenshot of the settings. I tested with several different settings for the filePicker

Can you wrap it under JSON.stringify? like - {{JSON.stringify(FilePicker3.files[0].data)}}

same result
I forgot to show you this in my API call parameters

The binding in the last screenshot would definitely not work. As files[0] is in JSON format and you are trying to change it to string just by adding "" which is wrong.
I am mostly curious about it working earlier. AFAIK, query params can only have strings and not the objects.

From what you say, it is indeed curious that it worked before, but the application has been in production for almost a year.
I’m going to delete all this and see what happens

I have just done the test and the result is the same. I will try to take another solution until I find out how to use filepicker again

@fporta33 just to confirm, was the filepicker working before and it recently stopped working?

Exactly. I wanted to come back to the application to modify some things but while doing my tests I realized that it did not work anymore in this version 1.8.0

@fporta33 this looks like a regression on our part. Here is the issue link, we’ll fix it asap

OK thanks :+1: i will follow this

Hello, I’m back with the news. Is there a solution to my problem or should I consider doing something else?

thanks

@fporta33 this has been fixed and will be available in the next release