Container set to Auto Height still has scrollbar?

Hi there. I have a container set to auto height with widgets inside that fit within the container. No amount of adjusting the widgets inside seems to get rid of the scrollbar. This appears in the editor as well as preview mode/when deployed. I’m used to auto height widgets showing scrollbars in the editor, but not preview mode.

As near as I can tell, no widgets surrounding the container are causing the conflict either. My understanding was that when an object is set to auto height, there should never be a scrollbar in preview mode/when deployed. I need this container to be set to auto height, so setting it to fixed will not work here.

I can only upload one file as my account is new, but it looks the same in both edit and preview mode, as shown below.

Preview mode:

TIA for any assistance.

Hi Michelle! I am not able to reproduce this issue. For me, the container has no scrollbar in the preview or deployed mode. It is only visible in edit mode, as expected.
What is your Appsmith version and what browser are you using? Could you share a loom.com screen recording of how it displays for you in edit, preview, and deployed mode?

Hi again Amelia! I’ve recorded this video for you. I’m on Appsmith version v1.9.1 and am using Chrome. I remember my containers displaying properly in the past.

Edit: I am not 100% sure but I do believe we recently updated from v1.8.??? and it was working properly then.

Edit 2: I take that back. It was not working properly on that version either, it was part of the reason we updated.

Still no luck in reproducing this. Would it be possible for you to share the app with us to debug this scenario? Add support@appsmith.com as a Developer or export it and send us the JSON file at the same email address, adding the link to this thread as a reference.

Amelia, I’ve added the support email as a developer. Thanks!

Thank you. Our team will investigate this issue and get back to you, but please expect some delays due to the weekend.

Thanks so much for taking a look at it. I look forward to hearing back.

Thank you for your patience, Michelle. This is a bug that happens because you have set the border width of the form to 3 and it is not considered in the calculation of auto height. Our team is working on it and it will be fixed soon. You can track this bug here: [Feature]: Include borders in height computations of container like widgets · Issue #19579 · appsmithorg/appsmith · GitHub
I apologize for the inconvenience.