Column Type Plain Text with line breaks

Hi,

is it possible to display a column with “Plan text” within a table in multiple rows? If the text is too long, then it is a bit hard to read.

thx
Franz

hey @franz, you can simply increase the table column width by dragging the column divider; there are also text-wrapping properties. Alternatively, you can also hover on the table cells to display the full content.

If none of these helps, please elaborate your use-case, we’re happy to help.

Hi,

by chance I just saw that for some columns of tables a Column Control “Cell Wrapping (JS)” can be activated. This is exactly what I was looking for. But for other tables this control is simply missing.

I can’t find the reason for it though.

thx
Franz

@franz, I believe the cell wrapping feature was introduced with v2 of our table widget. If you have older v1 table widgets on the canvas, they may be missing certain features. You may have to replace the existing table widget with a new one to see the newer options.

1 Like

ah ok, then that makes sense and explains that. thanks a lot

By the way, a widget update feature would be nice. So a table update to V2 without having to do all the settings again.

@franz, I agree it’s not the best user experience, but the team chose this path temporarily to avoid breaking the old widget when upgrades are released. So we release a new version of the widget instead of overwriting the old one, thereby giving the user an option to upgrade by dragging and dropping the new widget. That said, we are still working on finding a clean way to upgrade automatically without breaking the existing widget :slight_smile:

1 Like