Checkboxes to execute APIs

I have a Mattermost install with about 20 Teams. I’ve set up and tested incoming webhooks from Appsmith to post a message to a Town Square.

Ideally, I’d like to be able to have one input for the message and check the destinations that I’d like to run the API posts with the message.

Is there some method for checkbox selections that would then execute the actions for the selected/targeted APIs?

In the short term I’ve simply create a bunch of Submit buttons. Not that elegant, but it works.

@jo-cpa I’m not sure I understand your query correctly. There is an onCheckChange
listener for the checkbox that can fire the query when it is checked. You can also use a checkbox group and onSelectionChange refer to the {{CheckboxGroup1.selectedValues}}
Does that answer your question?

I’m revisiting this topic. We’ve migrated to Zoom for UC.

I’ve got some webhooks set up for these Zoom Chat channels (with the checkboxes).
I’d like to be able to enter the message to post the “checked” channels… with the one Submit button.

Each channel will have its own API to post to the channel/webhook.

I’m just not sure how to do it in this manner.

Here is a screenshot.

Hey @jo-cpa, if you want to run a query based on conditions, you can use JSObjects. In this case, we can write a conditions that checks if a checkbox is selected and run the related queries.

Here’s a snippet:

try {
    if (CheckboxGroup1.selectedValues.includes("Selected Value here")) {
        const data = await Api1.run();
        return data;
    }
} catch (error) {
    showAlert('Failed to fetch );
    }
    return false;
}