Appsmith Crash (max CPU) and wont start

I’m running Appsmith 1.7.0 with Docker on windows. This also connects to an ArangoDB container on the same machine.

I’m developing a relatively complex page on Appsmith with some tabs, about 5 Arango queries, 3 API calls and about 10 JS functions.

All has been going OK until yesterday when i was editing one of the JS functions and started getting errors that the function name was already in use (it wasn’t). I tried creating a brand new function with a random name and got the same error. I then starting getting errors that some of my functions were creating circular loops.

I took a look at the docker container and Appsmith was maxing out the CPU. I restarted the container and it hasn’t successfully booted since (ijust get the “Appsmith server is unavailable/Retry” message.

Looking at the container logs it looks like an issue with MongoDB:

appsmith    | backend stdout | Caused by: io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: localhost/127.0.0.1:27017
appsmith    | backend stdout |  - Exception in monitor thread while connecting to server localhost:27017

appsmith    | backend stdout | com.mongodb.MongoSocketOpenException: Exception opening socket
appsmith    | rts stdout | Error watching MongoDB MongoServerSelectionError: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:27017

appsmith    | rts stdout |     at Timeout._onTimeout (/opt/appsmith/rts/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/sdam/topology.js:438:30)

appsmith    | rts stdout |     at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:557:17)

appsmith    | rts stdout |     at processTimers (internal/timers.js:500:7) {

appsmith    | rts stdout |   reason: TopologyDescription {

appsmith    | rts stdout |     type: 'Single',

appsmith    | rts stdout |     setName: null,

appsmith    | rts stdout |     maxSetVersion: null,

appsmith    | rts stdout |     maxElectionId: null,

appsmith    | rts stdout |     servers: Map(1) { 'localhost:27017' => [ServerDescription] },

appsmith    | rts stdout |     stale: false,

appsmith    | rts stdout |     compatible: true,

appsmith    | rts stdout |     compatibilityError: null,

appsmith    | rts stdout |     logicalSessionTimeoutMinutes: null,

appsmith    | rts stdout |     heartbeatFrequencyMS: 10000,

appsmith    | rts stdout |     localThresholdMS: 15,

appsmith    | rts stdout |     commonWireVersion: null

appsmith    | rts stdout |   }

appsmith    | rts stdout | }

appsmith    | rts stdout | 

Any ideas?

Hey, sorry you are facing trouble here. Can you share the log file at stacks/data/mongodb/log please? It looks like there’s some problem in starting MongoDB and this log file should have some clue about it.