A hidden field in a table is not accessible

A database table contains ‘ID,name,image’. A query selecting ‘ID’ and ‘name’ is shown in a table. On select row I run a query ‘SELECT image FROM table WHERE ID = {{Table1.selectedRow.ID}}’ and this Query is the source for an image widget. Works as expected.
However when I hide ‘ID’ in the table widget the ‘SELECT image…’ query does not work any more.
Would it not make sense to just hide that ‘ID’ column yet have it still accessible in JS?

Hello! The query should run and get the image even if the ID column is hidden in the Table widget. I tried to reproduce this issue but I have not been able to. Could you please share a loom.com screen recording where you show your implementation and the issue in action? Or please create a toy app where this behavior is reproducible and share it with us.

Hi Amelia, thank you for your effort to try and replicate my issue. Even though I was certain about this, now it works as expected and I cannot replicate my above observation. I am sorry.
Yet your effort is certainly not in vain as I will make an effort to look repeatedly more close before making any of my concerns public :flushed:
BTW. I started programming in 1969 and have since experienced a fair few organizations. I find my experience with Appsmith’s system, learning materials and (especially) it’s responses to my queries outstanding (engagement, speed and competence).
A big thank you to everyone involved!

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that it works now as expected.
Please feel free to reach out to us anytime you have questions or face issues. We are happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face: