504 Gateway Timeout Errors

Hi
We have a simple app which calls an upstream API via a button click. We are running Appsmith(v1.7.1) on a K8 Cluster . The upstream server is taking more than 60 seconds to complete (the API timeout (in milliseconds) is 300000) and we are getting the following error returned to the browser after 60 seconds

504 Gateway Time-out
nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)

I appreciate having an API taking more than 60 seconds to return is not ideal/best practice but I am looking for a short cut to extend the timeout to prevent 504 errors

Can I set this and how?

Regards
Mick

@mickguerin Apologies for the delay. Can you try increasing the request timeout in Nginx from the default 60s to 300s? I believe we are working on fixing this issue - Gracefully handle the timeout overflow / out of expected range errors by sumitsum · Pull Request #3411 · appsmithorg/appsmith · GitHub

You can’t go beyond 60 seconds because of the baked in nginx is using the default timeout of 60 seconds (we’re running in kubernetes using the helm chart to deploy. Here is the issue on github: https://github.com/appsmithorg/appsmith/issues/14535

Thanks,

Edwin

Ah got it. Thanks for sharing it here :slight_smile: